“You are never blindsided”
If you are sentenced to have an Ignition Interlock Device placed in your car for twelve months after a DWI conviction, you may be eligible to have it removed after six months. To have it removed, follow these steps:
- Wait until you have had your IID installed for a full six months with no violations. The paperwork cannot be submitted to the court early.
- Get a copy of your installation receipt or a copy of your most recent calibration document, showing the original installation date.
- Download this IID Removal Affidavit, modify it to reflect the court you are in, and sign it before a Notary Public.
- Download this IID Termination Order, modify it to reflect the court you are in, and print it.
- Send the notarized affidavit along with both a photocopy of the installation receipt and a copy of the Termination Order to the attorney who represented you.
- The attorney will forward the affidavit, receipt, and termination order to the court.
- The process takes between 2 and 6 weeks, so please be patient.