Charged with a DWI? Get an OASAS evaluation.

“I have your back”

"Hiring Adam was the best decision after I was charged with 4 tickets for a DWI. It took Adam just one court appearance to convert all the tickets into a minor DWAI with minimum charges. He always made sure I was relaxed and he would take care of me like a younger brother. I've no words to thank him for what he has done for me!" *****

“Amazing lawyer”

"He is a very professional and well organized individual that will work with you not against you in any situation, and does his best to defend you and your rights in court. I would highly recommend P. Adam Militello for anyone in need of his services he provides." *****

“Mr. Militello is the BEST!”

"Adam is an AWESOME attorney! I never been in trouble with the law and after getting pulled over on the holiday was charged with a DWI. I was scared and terrified. Adam told me, I would be okay and he would fight for me. Which he did. He got my misdemeanor charge down to a traffic infraction of a DWAI. Which is a non criminal charge. I am very thankful and blessed. I'm a healthcare professional and a misdemeanor would have affected my career. He is honest, a good listener, very funny and keeps you updated in regards to your case. He contacts you in reasonable time and works hard on your case. He doesn't mind when you call asking a lot of questions. Also, he is very affordable and will work with. Forget the rest, hire best. Adam is the best." *****

Charged with a DWI? Get an OASAS evaluation.

P. Adam Militello, Esq.

OASAS stands for (NYS) Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services. This government office certifies treatment agencies and individual counselors to perform Drug and Alcohol Evaluations and Assessments.

If you are charged with a DWI in Monroe County, the court will very likely ask you to get a substance abuse evaluation from an OASAS-certified agency as a condition of your release. In other words, the court might release you on your own recognizance, but if you want to stay out of jail, you need to go get an evaluation. Other counties require evaluations, but not always up front.

So, where do you go to get an evaluation ?

Here is the OASAS Provider Directory Search page. You can go to that page, fill in your zip code or other location information, and it will give you a list of agencies that perform drug and alcohol evaluations.

If you have been charges with a DWI or other alcohol / drug related offense, please contact us for a free consultation. Our phone number is (585) 485-0025; we can help.

The Militello Law Firm
2480 Browncroft Boulevard
Rochester, New York 14625
Phone: (585) 485-0025 Fax: (585) 286-3128